Changes to the Charter School Program, Part V of No Child Left Behind, are being discussed by Congress. According to the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, there are six key points proposed.
1. Enhancing support for start-ups and replications
2. Strengthening priority criteria for state grants
3. Allowing authorizers to serve as grant administrators
4. Granting funding discretion to the Secretary
5. Creating a national dissemination program
6. Reauthorizing the Credit Enhancement Program