One of the themes of this year's monthly administrator breakfasts has been how to show appreciation to staff and students. At today's breakfast meeting they shared the following ideas:
* Start a staff meeting by having each staff member write three notes to students.
* Log these notes to students through the school office to make sure every student is recognized throughout the school year.
* Administrators can block out a half hour every week just to write personal thank you notes to staff members.
* Give an unexpected bonus.
* These notes should be specific and be sure to include the person's name.
* One school has a special place designated on the hallway wall where there are blank little shaped notes, making it easy to write a quick word of appreciation or thanks and post it on the wall for everyone to see.